Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 15th, 2012: A Local Park

Today we went to another local park, across the river from last week's park (see that post here). Both places have a lot of wildlife year round. I went with a friend and we had a lot of fun again!

We saw a lot of different birds and only 1 deer. We saw deer, bunny and dog tracks, and I was thankful not to run into any dogs or coyotes lol

Also last week my pictures were horribly grainy and dark. I figured out why, they sold me a Neutral Density filter, said it would protect my lens... Won't be using it again. My pictures are so much better without.




Pygmy Nuthatch...




Ducks...







Mallard Ducks...




Canada Goose...

Evidence of Beavers... 

Canadian Geese...



Mallard Ducks flying... LOVE the silhouettes they made, I did not edit the below picture with the pink at all. I love it!




Female Downy Woodpecker...



Pygmy Nuthatches...





Female Deer...

And my friend pointed this out, doesn't it look like a male deer... so cool...

Bohemian Waxwings...


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous shots Pam! I love the pink too and the rocks in snow and water :D Looks a little chilly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love the Cedar Waxwings, wish we had them here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lee & Marlene,

    Lee - It was actually really nice, I wasn't cold at all. It was 4 Celsius / 39 Fahrenheit... which for us is a nice day.

    Marlene - These were Bohemian Waxwings, very close to the cedar waxwings, these just have red on them. There were a lot of them, we could see them flying from tree top to tree top. Glad I finally figured out what they were.

    The Cedar Waxwings I see at a park closer to my house all the time. They are both beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Pam! What gorgeous photographs! You had a beautiful outing - love the variety!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, these pictures are amazing! You got some really pretty shots! I love the one of the chickadee flying and the pink sky one is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos...and what a beautiful day for shooting.

    Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Linda, yes it was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete