Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2nd, 2014... Multiple Locations

Today my friend K, and I grabbed our cameras and went looking for birds and wildlife... it was quite a chilly morning (2 Celsius / 35 Fahrenheit) and it was snowing like crazy for part of it but we still had fun. We were out 10:15am to 1pm.

Some of the wider landscape shots were taken with my iPhone. When I have my big lens on the last thing I feel like doing is switching lenses lol

Also on top of the birds I did get photos of, we saw 2 female pheasants, but they ran in to the bushes too quickly, 2 blue jays hiding from us, and magpies everywhere lol

Outskirts of the City









This bird (above) was perched when we found it but almost as soon as we got out of the car it took off. Luckily it soared for a few minutes. I believe it may be a rough-legged hawk.








There were baby lambs on another farm too... 



Perigrine Falcon I think, it was up close but took off as soon as we got out of the car. And was too far away on private property for a good picture.





Starling



Local Wildlife Park on the Outskirts of Town





Outskirts of the City again


Western Meadowlark... love the funky fence (I LOVE fences lol)



Western Meadowlark... super blurry but I love the art like feel to it.




Local Wildlife Park in the City




Downy Woodpecker



Dark-eyed Junco



Bohemian Waxwings



Duck


Up above the river near the above Wildlife Park




Look closely, there is at least 1 bald eagle in the nest, too far across the river though.



Hawk flying above the river far away




Canada Geese





Seagull



6 comments:

  1. Great shots Pam! Love the landscapes...waiting for Spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always, Pam! I wish I could take good pictures! Starr is a good subject! Skye, too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! Beautiful to see all the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, really, really enjoyed these pictures! I love fences too ;o) LOL! And, that blurry picture is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone,

    Lee, I am too :)

    Kathy, I love bird watching, you never know what you are going to see!

    Cree, yes you have beautiful subjects!

    Stacy, LOL... I love flying pictures, but I get a lot of blurry photos with the small birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics. Especially the hawk.

    ReplyDelete