Saturday, June 7, 2014

Visit to the local greenhouses... year 3 - Part 3 of 3

For the 3rd year and a row, my friend Carol and I went and visited the 3 local greenhouses on May 21st, 2014. This year was even more fun as she now has a camera of her own. She bought my old camera when I upgraded.

It was a gorgeous day... 18 Celsius / 64 Fahrenheit. Inside the green houses we were so hot, and the butterfly gardens were even hotter. My friend couldn't even go in lol We were out and about for 5 hours.

I have broken this post up into 3 parts as I took so many pictures.

Part 3

The Butterfly Gardens
This place is beautiful inside, not only does it have butterflies, but there are a ton of finches flying free, koi in the ponds, turtles, plus a few tiny button quail running around, they were too fast and behind the bushes. lol
















This butterfly landed on me, guess it liked the color of my shirt! 



The Petting Zoo
There were 2 adorable chickens. And I believe they are Dorking chicks.











The Rescue Parrots
The blue & gold macaw & umbrella cockatoo were having a blast chewing this planter to pieces. lol Also a bare eyed cockatoo, cockatiel and a budgie!






6 comments:

  1. Aw, that goat is soooo cute. Love the chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marlene!

    Yes, the goat is a rescue I think, her feet are quite deformed, but she seems to get along great with some of the animals. She is in with a duck, a white goose or duck, not sure and 1 chicken. The chickens and chicks are in another part. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots, Pam. Love all the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that they so many rescued animals! I had a goat who used to let the chickens climb all over her. haha They are fun. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lee & Kathy!

    LOL Kathy, too funny!

    ReplyDelete