Thursday, April 26, 2012

Calgary Zoo: The Big Cats

More images from my trip on April 17th and 18th, 2012. Keep in mind these cats are all behind a large wire fence (thankfully), so hard to get good pictures. The zoo has thick wire fencing, and you can't get up close to it as there is another fence keeping you back 5 feet or so.So getting images without fencing is a bit of a trick.

Cougars
They were way in the back of the habitat in their den, almost didn't see them. 



Lions
I only saw these 2 females, not sure if there were males hiding ?





Snow Leopard
There were 2 of them and I got lucky, I came at feeding time. One of them grabbed it's meal and went somewhere else to eat it.



Tigers
When I saw the tigers on the 2nd day it was starting to spit rain and so I went to a nearby mall and had lunch, when I came back later in the afternoon it was bright and sunny. There were 2 of them.





2 comments:

  1. Pam, you got some excellent pictures!! I love cats!!! The one of the snow leopard eating is cool!! Have a great one ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! It's so difficult to get good ones with the glass and fence to protect us. I love the tiger in the water with reflection!

    ReplyDelete