Thursday, April 26, 2012

Calgary Zoo: Bigger Animals

Grizzly Bear
He was one of the very first animals I saw on my first day and it was cold and cloudy and I guess he was feeling like sleeping in LOL Very far back so not a great image.



Reticulated Giraffe
Anybody who knows me knows that I LOVE giraffes, so I was a little disappointed that there was just 1 this time, last time I went in 2009 there were about 4 I think. Anyways this one was beautiful. Kept itching it's ear on a post. So cute!




Grevy's Zebra
There were several of them, but so far away.


Asian Elephants
1 male and 3 females. They were inside and was hard to get any good images, then later in the afternoon when I came back they were all outside.








4 comments:

  1. Catching the elephants outside was lucky. I keep trying to get our little one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I love how the bear has his paws around his nose! Too cute ;o) You got a lot of great photo's! The one of the elephant foot is great! Very interesting!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say, I wonder why there was only 1 giraffe, when there was 41 before? That's a big difference?

    ReplyDelete