Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 12, 2013: Multiple Locations...

Yesterday I went out with a friend, we went to a few places around the city, including 2 parks and a bridge. We saw 2 different coyotes, 7 deer, 1 mini rabbit, 2 bald eagles, and tons of smaller birds including 1 Downy Woodpecker, 1 Flicker Woodpecker, 1 house finch, a few black-capped chickadees and a ton of Common Redpolls which I had never seen before. I didn't get pictures of everything as some were gone by the time we got out of the car.

This guy came running across the park we almost missed him so the pictures are blurry. And let me just say I am petrified of big dogs, wolves, coyotes, etc, etc... I surprised myself... I didn't go running in the opposite dirrection lol





Of the 7 deer I saw this was one of the only good pictures I got, they were all behind trees, or far away or we were driving and couldn't stop.


This guy my friend spotted from way across the street, good eyes lol... we were stopped by the side of the road a few times but he was running fast along the outskirts of the park.




There were 2 bald eagles, we were driving along and I said hey I think I see something... thought at first it was a goose until I noticed it was soaring... then we see a 2nd, got out of the car and the 1st disappeared into the trees. This was across the river so lucky to get pictures.

We also met a man here with binocculars who said where these birds nest there used to be 2 pairs. And they took over nests belonging to Great Blue Herons.





Canadian Geese. I turned this one black & white for a change!



Downy Woodpecker



Common Redpolls




I think this is the same buck we saw on January 9th... small antlers.

1 comment:

  1. Pam, I love your photos!! Such beautiful creatures!! I have never seen a Common Redpoll? They are so cute! Mom and I loved looking at them! Thank you for sharing ;o) Have a great one ;o)

    ReplyDelete