Monday, August 18, 2014

Anything Goes challenge...

I love to watch art videos and lately I am hooked on watching very talented artists making greeting cards with a variety of techniques. When I saw that Simon Says Stamp was holding an "Anything Goes" challenge I thought I would give it a try... you can find the challenge here.

Now I have very little card making supplies, so took me a few hours to decide what would work. lol I used my only 3 colors of distress ink that I own (must get more one day soon... love it), and 1 of only 2 stamp sets I own. I need to start picking up more supplies soon... I had fun making this!

This card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, and was created on Strathmore Mixed Media Velum Surface 140 lb paper. I used Tim Holtz distress ink pads in 3 colors: Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint and Tea Dye. I used my square paper punch, and a butterfly stamp from a set I got at Wal-Mart, unfortunately I don't know the name, I didn't keep the packaging. I also used my Martha Stewart score board to make the outer card as I didn't have any on hand.

The colors in the top image are the closest to the actual card.



6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card = love the simplicity of it x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful butterflies floating down the lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Pam! I love this card! Might be something for you to start selling?
    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog ;o) Little by little, I am getting back to normal! My normal is kind of crazy! LOL!
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stacy,

    I would love to do some cards, we'll see.

    I just delisted my stuff in my shop... I haven't been inspired to make stuff lately. Hope I can make some new stuff for my shop soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Hilda... sorry I completely missed your comment! I just found it in my email!

    ReplyDelete