Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Duck, Duck, Goose...

On Monday May 9th I went back to the lake to visit the goslings again. It was a beautiful day and I spent about 45 minutes taking pictures of them and walking around the lake. Oh boy they are so cute.

I saw about 12-14 adults plus the family with 5 goslings. 5 ducks, 10 male red winged black birds (5 or so males that were chasing each other all over it was fun to watch), a few robins and the downy woodpecker again but he was too close to the goose on the nest. And she wasn't to crazy about me slowly creeping closer so I backed off. lol

Second image down is my favorite of the goslings.










9 comments:

  1. Great Pictures Pam, the goslings are so darn cute. and that black bird is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little fuzzies! Great shots Pam ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, Pam! How cute the little ones are when they are swimming with mom and dad! We used to have redwing blackbirds in Phoenix - they would congregate when we got irrigation. Saw a few in Chino Valley, to - such a neat call they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice photos Pam! I love watching the little goslings too, they are so adorable as they paddle their feet quickly trying to keep up with mamma.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very strange. I see emails for more comments on this post but they are not showing up here. Betty & Kathy thank you and anyone else who commented too.

    Kathleen said... Beautiful photos, Pam! How cute the little ones are when they are swimming with mom and dad! We used to have redwing blackbirds in Phoenix - they would congregate when we got irrigation. Saw a few in Chino Valley, to - such a neat call they have.

    pinkglitterfae (Betty) said...
    nice photos Pam! I love watching the little goslings too, they are so adorable as they paddle their feet quickly trying to keep up with mamma.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots Pam! I haven't been down by the river to see if we have goslings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this time of year when the goslings and ducklins are out. The third one down is my fave too...I like the arch of the goose's neck. So serene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Pam! We saw so many Canadian geese while traveling. They are beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete